I had an OB checkup last Monday and also one yesterday. (I'm now at the point where I have them weekly.) Everything is looking good, baby is head-down with a strong heartbeat. My weight gain is higher than I had hoped (about 37 lbs) but the doctors have said not to worry about it. So I'm trying not to. :)
Last week's appointment was with Dr. Gausmann, the doctor who delivered Krew and dealt with my postpartum depression. I told her about my concerns after another doctor in the office seemed reluctant to let me start antidepressants after this delivery. To my HUGE relief she was super supportive. She told me that she had put in my chart the specific medicine and dosage she wanted me to start at the hospital, and that the other doctor must just not have seen it. And she also said, "I remember what you were like. We don't want you to go there again." I felt so, so comforted and relieved. Thank you Lord for providing the support I need. :)
In terms of pregnancy symptoms, well, I must admit that things are a bit rough as of now. I'm in a lot of pain on a daily basis. My hands and feet are swelling and the joints in them are aching like I have arthritis. It's hard to use my hands a lot and the bottoms of my feet feel like giant bruises. Pretty much every time I'm standing or walking, my feet are hurting. I have the typical nightly leg cramps, acid reflux, and troubles sleeping. And to top it all off, I am now getting these insane shooting pains down my legs that feel similar to slamming your funny bone. It's like an electric current fires down my leg and nearly knocks me over. They've been getting progressively worse over the last week or two, and this past weekend they started getting so bad that I have to drop to the floor (or a chair, if it's available) when they start or I can't get them to stop. I asked the doctor about them yesterday, but she didn't really have any advice. Just that the baby must be hitting a nerve and I'll have to wait it out. She said I could maybe try butterfly stretches but she wasn't sure if it would help. So I guess patience is key at this point. :)
I've been making progress on my pre-baby-#-2 list, but I'll have to share that in another post. It's time for bed for this girl. :)
Here are some pictures from the last few weeks:
35 weeks 5 days
36 weeks 4 days



You look fantastic! I wish I only gained 30 something pounds with my pregnancies....aaaaggghhh, I end up with closer to 50 each time. It's awful. So sorry you're having nerve pain, though. Here's to hoping baby comes sooner rather than later! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're almost there mama! I was 37.5 weeks with both girls. We'll be awaiting the good news. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Is it just me, or did your belly drop already? Of course, I'm always looking for that, so I might be imagining it. :-) Can't wait to "meet" the little guy!
ReplyDelete