Monday, July 23, 2012

Pregnancy Symptom Round-Up

I thought it would be interesting to list all of the pregnancy symptoms that I've experienced at one point or another during this pregnancy.  Not as a way to complain, by any means, but as a documentation of all the crazy things my body went through.  And as a note to any future pregnant women reading this, to let you know you're not alone.  And that it's worth it.  And that you WILL make it through. :)  (I'm almost there, yipee!)

In alphabetical order.  (I also listed a couple "common" ones that I didn't experience and put a line through them.  Just so it was clear that it's not that I forgot about them, but rather that I didn't experience them.)

Acid reflux (2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Arm rash/little bumps (I didn't notice this, but dermatologist pointed it out)
Backaches (2nd trimester)
Bladder pains from baby (3rd trimester)
Bloating (1st trimester)
Cavities
"Chest" pain/growth ("chest" is the PC word, right?? :) only some pain 1st trimester, growth all trimesters)
Constipation (2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Cramping (1st and 3rd trimesters)
Cravings (varied throughout pregnancy)
Dizziness (2nd trimester)
Drooling (at night while sleeping, started toward end of 3rd trimester - SO bizarre to me)
Elevated body temperature (always hot! especially while sleeping and at church - why, God? - 2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Fatigue (all trimesters)
Food aversions (1st trimester)
Foot pain if standing or walking (3rd trimester)
Frequent urination (3rd trimester)
Gum sensitivity - not really!
Hair is thicker and grows more quickly (all trimesters)
Headaches - none, yay!
Heel pain (1st and 2nd trimesters)
Insomnia (only occasionally)
Klutziness (I am dropping things ALL THE TIME! - 3rd trimester)
Leg cramps (at night while sleeping - 2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Linea negra (but lighter this time than with Krew - 3rd trimester)
Mole changes (one on my back changed quite a bit - 3rd trimester)
Nausea (1st trimester - stopped at week 9 this time, hallelujah!)
Nesting (or maybe this is just my normal personality - all trimesters)
Nightmares and vivid dreams (all trimesters)
Nose bleeds - none!
Painful joints in hands and feet (3rd trimester)
Pelvic pain (3rd trimester)
Pregnancy mask (dark patches all over face - all trimesters)
Rib pain (minor, 2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Round ligament pain (all trimesters, most severe during 2nd)
Shooting nerve pains down legs (3rd trimester)
Shortness of breath (3rd trimester)
Skin tags - had one with Krew, but none this time! yay!
Skin tans quickly (I tan SO quickly and have to wear about 4 times as much sunscreen as normal! - all trimesters)
Snoring (according to Dave - all trimesters?)
Spider veins (on belly! 3rd trimester)
Stiffness (3rd trimester)
Stretch marks (just around belly button - 3rd trimester)
Stuffed sinuses (2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Swollen ankles (3rd trimester)
Swollen face (it's just a bit puffy - 3rd trimester)
Swollen feet (3rd trimester)
Swollen hands (3rd trimester)
Thirsty (ALL THE TIME - 2nd and 3rd trimesters)
Vomiting - threw up twice with Krew, but not at all this time, yay!
Whiskers in random places (one on chin, one on shoulder - don't worry, I pluck them - 2nd and 3rd trimesters)


A few other random comments about this pregnancy:

* The first two trimesters of this pregnancy felt much easier to handle than the first two trimesters of my pregnancy with Krew.  This last trimester, however, has been killer and feels worse than the third trimester with Krew.  Goes to show you that you never know what you'll get.

* My belly seemed smaller the first two trimesters of this pregnancy compared to the first two trimesters of my pregnancy with Krew.  But during this third trimester it seems to have caught up, and may even be larger than my third-trimester belly with Krew.

* I currently love lemonade, for possibly the first time in my life.  I mean, I've always been ok with it, but right now I LOVE it.  I also love chocolate, and pretty much any form of dessert.  Not helpful for watching the weight gain.

* I think I quit biting my nails while I was pregnant with Krew.  Can't say the same for this pregnancy.

* I can feel baby's feet from the outside a lot more distinctly this time than I could with Krew.  It's fun.

* The third-trimester stiffness, feet pain, hand pain, and overall discomfort feels way worse this pregnancy.  I remember the day I was in labor with Krew I walked a couple miles to "walk him out".  This pregnancy, it hurts to walk to the bathroom.  There will be no two-mile labor-day walks this round.

* My "chest" didn't grow near as quickly or painfully this time as it did for my first pregnancy.  Thank goodness.  Let's hope things go the same way when my milk comes in.

* With Krew, it seemed that he was the only boy born into a swarm of girls.  Everyone I knew was having girls.  This time?  Everyone is having boys.  And I must admit I'm excited to be part of the trend. :)

* Weight gain this pregnancy has been the same as when pregnant with Krew: 38-40 lbs.  I guess that's just what my body needs to do?  Can't wait to start losing some of it, though.  When I carry Krew (30 lbs) around on top of my weight gain, I'm toting around 70 extra pounds.  Insane, yes?  No wonder my poor feet hurt.

* I read today that many women whose first pregnancies go overdue have the same happen with their second pregnancies.  Guess I better chill out and assume the little man isn't arriving for another two weeks or so.  Shucks.

1 comment:

  1. my last 2 kiddos were early, Molly 1 week, Henry 11 days...so you never know :) (Ryan was 3 days late)

    Can't believe you are almost ready to have him! I think this pregnancy went fast...I think the more you have the fast the pregnancy seems!

    Can't wait to see how labor and delivery goes!!

    ReplyDelete