Wednesday, July 25, 2012

38 weeks 5 days, Doc Appt and Some Pics

38 weeks and 5 days...so close to the end.

Some days it feels like time can't pass quickly enough until this baby boy is born. At other moments, I can't believe it's already been nine months and that it's time for him to join this world.

I've been having a lot of strong, painful braxton hicks contractions over the last week along with some cramping, and yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so I was really hopeful that the doc would give me the great news that my body is progressing toward labor.

No such thing.

No dilation, no effacement, no nothing.

Booooooo.

She asked me some questions about how overdue Krew was, how big he was, was I induced, did I deliver vaginally, etc. ("1 week", "8 lbs 11 oz", "no", "yes"...) She also measured my belly and informed me I am measuring 40 1/2 cm - aka the equivalent of the belly of a woman who is two weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and a half week overdue. And then her news to me? She thinks I should expect to go overdue and have about a 9 lb baby.

AWESOME.

She said that although he's head-down, his head is not very low. I told her the same thing happened with Krew, and that he wouldn't drop during labor. And she responded, "Well, yeah, probably because he was so big."

Sigh.

So I left the appointment with the news that all my pain has been for nothing so far, my baby is not low at all, he's probably going to be in there another two weeks, and he's going to be giant and difficult to get out. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

At least this will all be a repeat of last time, so I know what to expect, right?

:)

Here are a few pictures to finish out the post. Because everyone loves pictures. :)


38 weeks 1 day


38 weeks 5 days

1 comment:

  1. Praying it will be sooner than later!!!

    ReplyDelete