Friday, July 13, 2012

Full Term and the To-Do List

Today I'm 37 weeks and considered full term!! Crazy that the little man is free to make his debut at any time from this point forward.  I've been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions and cramping the last two days, which I guess means my body is starting to gear up for the end.  Yaaaaaaaaaay.  Of course it could be another 4 weeks or more if he's on the same timeline that Krew was, but I'm sure hoping not.

Here's an update on my to-do list:

1. Wash and organize all the baby clothes.
2. Wash and put away the pacifiers, bottles, etc.  Now I have a bunch of items that have no home because the bottles kicked them out of their cabinet, but hopefully we'll find a new place for them soon.
3. Wash rocking chair cover.  Done!
4. Paint pictures for boys' rooms. Done!
5. Finish Besido Dos's growth chart.  Almost done.  It just needs hung on the wall.
6. Clean the insides of both of our vehicles.  Still not done.
7. Go through my baby registry list on my other blog to make sure we have everything we need. 
8. Clean the carseat and install the bases.  Almost done.  Everything has been washed and wiped down.  We just need to install the bases.
9. Prepare for newborn photo shoot.  I think I've done all I want for this.  I'll refresh myself with some videos and tutorials when the time comes to actually edit the photos.
10. Finish Krew's room.  Done!
11. Clean the nursery very thoroughly.   A BIG thank you to my awesome friend Kristin who came over and helped me do this last weekend!! Oh my goodness was I grateful.
12. Locate remaining baby items needed.  Baby Bjorn carrier and bouncer seat have been obtained and are ready to go. :)
13. Stock up on items that still need purchased.  We still need milk bags, disposable breast pads, Lansinoh, a night light, and some bags of frozen corn or peas ready in the freezer for those first days of my milk coming in.  I got a Target giftcard from a friend at work the other day which I'm thinking will be perfect for these last-minute items. :)
14. Read about labor and newborn care. I'm going to keep reading as I have time, but I feel prepared enough at this point.
15. Fix moses basket. Done! I wove ribbon through the top part of the basket to hold it together where the weave had frayed and broken apart.
16. Put mobile in crib.  Still need to do this, but it will only take about 3 minutes.
17. Pack hospital bag.  Did it today! Ok, everything is in a pile and still needs to be actually placed into a bag, but I think that's good enough to cross it off the list. :)

I'm soooooo close to getting through the list!  And even the items that are left can either be skipped or done right after he's born.  Such a relief. :)

This weekend I have two little mini showers, one thrown by my craft club and one thrown by my Bible study.  So excited to celebrate with my friends. :)

Alright dinner time!  The hubs cooked steak.  Yum.

1 comment: