Tuesday, April 10, 2012

23 Weeks 4 Days - Pic Updates

Well, I've failed miserably at keeping up with this blog over the last month. :( Poor Baby Besido Dos - already getting the second-child treatment. :(  (Isn't that what they say - that you take 50 million pictures of your first child and save everything, and after that you do less and less for each child?)

So, in an attempt to catch up and document my belly growth, here are belly shots from 21 weeks, 22 weeks, and 23 weeks.


21 weeks 1 day, with my girly Jessica who's due 3 days after me :)


22 weeks 3 days


23 weeks 4 days


Krew is officially in his big-boy bed, so Baby Dos, the crib is now all yours.  (Although it's still in your big brother's room. We'll move it back into your nursery as soon as I clean up the piles and piles of baby clothes I have all over the floor, sorted into groups by type and size.  Because I'm Type-A and nesting like that.)

Baby Dos's feet are now around 1.8 inches in length, he probably weighs around a pound and a half, and he's around 12 inches long head to toe.  He would have a 20% chance of survival if he was born right now, which is absolutely amazing to me.

He's been wriggling and kicking quite a bit, and was doing a dance on my bladder the other day which tickled in a weird way.  I've now started to be able to feel body parts through my upper belly, which is so strange but so cool.  It puts me in awe every time.  It doesn't seem any less miraculous and amazing the second time around than it did the first.

I've had a little bit of swelling starting in my legs, but nothing too bad.  This discomforts of pregnancy this time around really have been so much more tolerable than with Krew.  I remember with Krew, I felt miserable almost every day.  This time I don't notice much.  I have heel pain as I did with Krew, but as long as I wear the correct shoes or use insoles it's really not that bad.  And other than that, I can't think of much. No indigestion, no sciatic nerve pain, no rib pain, no hip pain.  Really not much of anything.  Just a growing, increasingly wriggly belly.

I've bought a couple more outfits for the little man, which I should take pictures of and post on here.  Just little things that I found at consignment shops and fell in love with.  I'm wondering how Krew's clothes are going to work out for Baby Dos, since they'll be in complete opposite seasons.  I'm thinking we'll have plenty of warm clothes but may need to stock up on some 3-6 month cool-weather clothes, since it was the middle of summer when Krew was 3-6 months old.

Alright well I guess that's about it for now.  Not a whole lot to share, because not much is going on other than the ever-protruding belly.  I have my next doc appointment this coming Monday, so I'll provide another update at that point. :)

Adios!

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute Kara! Ach, I need to keep up with this blog better! I can't believe you are already over halfway through your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Callie! :) And it's totally ok - I haven't been posting much!

      Delete
  2. So nice to have a pregnancy buddy. =p Glad things are going smoothly.

    Can't seem to get wordpress acct to comment on here. =\

    ReplyDelete