Tuesday, May 15, 2012

28 Weeks 4 Days

Third trimester, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

I must admit, I'm starting to feel very pregnant. You know, not like "yay I'm pregnant" but like "oh man I am SO pregnant and feeling like it's about time for this baby to come out..." (which unfortunately it's not). I'm tired, unable to breathe, and have the agility of an elephant. And wow does this baby boy have some strong movements. Sometimes he keeps me up at night and sometimes he kicks my bladder and pelvis so hard I grimace because it causes sharp pains. Fortunately no sciatic nerve pain or severe pelvic pain yet. I really can't complain about anything compared to my pregnancy with Krew - that was HARD - but nevertheless I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to feel normal again.

This morning I had my 28-week ultrasound to check on my marginal placenta previa, and was THRILLED to find out that I'm all in the clear now. :) Yaaaaaaaaay. I also had the ultrasound tech check to make sure our baby is still carrying boy goods. She reassured me that yes, he is still a boy. :)

She measured a few other things such as arm and leg length, head size, and amniotic fluid. She also was able to give me a straight-on look of his face, and it about melted my heart. Even though it was just a 2D ultrasound, I could make out his features and was amazed to see that he resembles what Krew looked like when he was born. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it...just the amazement of it all, that I have another beautiful baby boy in me, ready to come into this world and join our family...one that already carries characteristics and traits that are shared with me and his daddy and most likely his big brother.

Unfortunately none of the ultrasound pictures she recorded turned out that great. Especially not the face ones. Although she did try for me, a few times. I appreciated the effort.



heartbeat was 150 bpm


continuing proof that he is a boy (although I honestly can't tell what I'm looking at)


face picture #1 (he has his arm across his face so it really doesn't look right)


face picture #2 (arm still across face)


face picture #3 (once again...arm in the way)


side view of arm over face


He was positioned head down, with his face turned forward toward the front of my body if I remember correctly. Based on his measurements, she said he's estimated to weight about 2 lbs 15 oz. Sounds like a good size to me. :) (Like I know anything about healthy fetal weight.)

My ultrasound was originally supposed to be yesterday and got moved to today, but I still had my regular OB checkup yesterday. I took the dreaded glucose test and I'm praying I passed. If I don't hear anything in the next couple of days, I'm in the clear. I'm at a total weight gain of 23 lbs (eek...6 pounds in the last month??), and my fundal height was 29 cm...just slightly larger than average. (You may remember that at the last appointment I was measuring 1 cm behind schedule...apparently the kiddo made up for lost time in the last month and decided to have a growth spurt.  I'll go ahead and attribute my weight gain to that. ;) )

And finally, to finish up, here is my 28 week 4 day picture:

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are okay. Home stretch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most adorable pregnant chica! I hope I'm half as cute as you when I'm pregnant one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm sure time will fly :)

    ReplyDelete