I can't believe how quickly time is flying. Less than three months before the little man arrives!
We still have a lot to do before he comes. Here's my current list:
1. Wash and organize all the baby clothes. Oh my goodness there are so many clothes to go through. It's overwhelming!
2. Wash and put away the pacifiers, bottles, etc.
3. Wash rocking chair cover.
4. Paint pictures for boys' rooms. I have two blank canvases, and I'd like to paint one for each boy. Not quite sure what type of painting I'll do yet, but definitely something little-boyish or that incorporates their names somehow.
5. Finish Besido Dos's growth chart. I created a growth chart for Krew and partially created one for the new baby. I didn't want to finish it until we're definite on a name. Hopefully we'll have that figured out before he's born. :)
6. Clean the insides of both of our vehicles.
7. Go through my baby registry list on my other blog to make sure we have everything we need.
8. Clean the carseat and install the bases.
9. Prepare for a newborn photo shoot. I want to take pictures of the baby on my own, but I know I'll need to be fully prepared ahead of time with all my props and planned setups. I know I'll be too exhausted to figure it all out after he's born.
10. Finish Krew's room. We still need to decorate his room with vinyl and hang some things on the walls.
11. Clean the nursery very thoroughly. I want to vacuum and dust the room from corner to corner, and probably even clean the carpeting.
We've got approximately 12 1/2 weeks to get it all done. Think we can do it??
As for me, I'm feeling pretty good. I still get random very painful lower backaches. I've only had a couple, but when I do get them they're intense. I actually had one this morning, which was interesting coupled with the fact that Krew was sick with fever and I had to hold him a lot and take him to the pediatrician. (Ahhhh parenting. :) )
The baby's movement has become very frequent and very strong. My belly moves all over the place, changing shapes, which is entertaining to watch. :) My feet still get sore quickly, so I have to wear some type of shoe any time I'm standing up. I've also started getting a lot of leg cramps at night in my calves. I think last night they woke me up at least 10 times. Fortunately I remember well how to deal with them from my pregnancy with Krew, so I just flex my leg in the proper way to relieve the pain and then I fall back asleep immediately.
I don't feel like my belly has grown a ton in the last couple weeks, but my weight has gone up a lot so I sure hope all the pounds are going somewhere in my belly and not elsewhere. :) Oh, and I went to the dentist recently and found out that I had cavities in three teeth. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with Krew! I barely ever get cavities, then while pregnant with Krew I had three. I hadn't had any more since him, but then I had three more now. So bizarre!
I had really intense round ligament pain a couple weeks ago, to the point where it hurt to walk, bend over, and even cough. There was actually a constant pain that didn't let up no matter how I sat, stood, or laid down. Fortunately it only lasted a few days and then I was back to normal. But during that time I felt so worthless. I couldn't even walk around at home - Dave had to do everything, and all I could do was sit or lay on the couch. I sure hope it doesn't come back. I don't do well with being forced to stay off my feet.
Well next Monday is my birthday and very long appointment at the OB. First I have my glucose test, then I have an ultrasound to check on my placenta previa, then I have a regular appointment. It should be an exciting day. I'm sure I'll have something to share afterwards. :)
To finish up, here are a couple pictures of my belly from the last couple of weeks:

25 Weeks 1 Day

26 Weeks 3 Days

27 Weeks 2 Days
Ok, now that I look at these pictures, maybe my belly HAS grown a bit in the last few weeks. Funny how you don't notice it while it's happening.
'Till next time!
So cute!! I like seeing your list of things left to do so I can see what I still need to do, too! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
ReplyDelete