Last weekend I went shopping with my mom and bought Besido Dos some new outfits. Couldn't resist. It's a way of celebrating for me, buying him some things of his own. I know we'll have plenty of clothes from Krew (sometimes in the beginning I felt overwhelmed with the amount Krew had) and so I don't need to make any purchases, but it just made me so happy and excited.
Fortunately I bought all the items except one from consignment shops, and the one piece I bought new was only $4.20. So I really didn't spend that much money overall.
We are still working on Krew's new big boy room, which means Krew is still in the nursery, which means I can't do any prepping of the nursery for the new baby yet. But the time will come. We are making lots of baby steps (no pun intended, hehe) in Krew's new room. Slow and steady wins the race.
When I stepped on the scale this morning, I'd gained 9 lbs. Not bad. When I entered the weight value into a pregnancy weight tracker online, it showed me as being right in the middle of the healthy weight-gain range for 20 weeks pregnant. Very exciting. I didn't ever get to experience being in the proper weight-gain range with Krew. The pounds just piled on with him. I remember not even wanting to post my weight gain on my pregnancy blog while preggo with Krew because I was so embarrassed by how high the number was. But you know what? That's what my body needed for that pregnancy, and all the weight came off afterwards (in time). No harm done. Every pregnancy is different.
By the way, if you want to read some interesting pregnancy facts, head on over to my 18 Weeks 6 Days post at my first pregnancy blog, Baby Besido. I recorded some neat information about sources of weight gain, breathing, blood volume, and blood pressure. Check it out. :)
Dave and I have both been able to feel the baby move by laying our hands on my belly for a couple weeks now. I'm realizing that's pretty early on, since with Krew I couldn't feel him from the outside until 19 weeks 2 days. Almost every night, we each take a turn laying our hands on my abdomen and waiting for the baby to roll, squirm, or kick. And almost every night he does. Then Dave gets down and talks to him, maybe sings him a song, and tells him he loves him. It's the most adorable thing...he's going to be an awesome daddy of two. :)


Cute! Even though I really hate shopping, baby and kids clothes are so cute, I can't help myself when I do get a chance to shop.
ReplyDelete