Wednesday, December 14, 2011

6 Weeks 5 Days #2? And an ultrasound. :)

We had our first ultrasound today!! Holy cow that baby was tiny...for a brief moment I was worried it wasn't there.  I saw the amniotic sac, but I'd heard of there being cases where there was an amniotic sac but no visible baby because the baby had stopped developing.  Fortunately the ultrasound tech found our baby and a heartbeat and all was good. :)

According to their due date of August 2nd, I should be 6 weeks 6 days today.  But the second ultrasound picture you'll see below says 6 weeks 5 days, meaning I think she adjusted the due date to August 3rd based on the baby's size.  (They did this with Krew, too, although I didn't know they did so until way later.)  Given that I think the baby should be due on August 4th, August 3rd sounds like a good compromise. :)


See the blob that looks like a bunny rabbit under the pointer?
The body of the rabbit is our baby, and the ears/head of the rabbit are the yolk sac.


Here she was measuring Besido Dos.
She said he/she is between 8 and 9 mm long.
(That's like 1/3 an inch.)


Here she recorded the heartbeat.
It was around 125 beats per minute.
She said it sounded great. :)


Thank you Lord for a healthy baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment