Dave and I found out on Tuesday, November 22nd, that we are expecting our second child. :) Besidos Dos is on the way!! (Krewson was our first Besido...you can check out the source of the Besido nickname here.) As of today I am 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant, woot woot. Still much too early to share with the world beyond a select few people, but we're super excited nonetheless.
Expected due date according to my calculations is August 4th, but I will get a more accurate estimate when I go in for my first ultrasound in the next couple of weeks. That puts Krew and Besido Dos at 2 years 5 months apart. Which is pretty ideal spacing for me.
Being pregnant a second time is very interesting in comparison to the first. With Krew, by this point I was insanely bloated and had chest pain so intense that I wore a sports bra 24/7. Also a ton of cramping. Fatigue and nausea were minimal, if there at all. This time? Complete opposite. Every night about 8pm I get so tired I could swear I'd run a marathon all day. I've been having waves of nausea for days...on Tuesday of this week I could barely eat all day. Chest pain is there but pretty minimal, and although I have had slight bloating, it's been nothing like with Krew. I've also only had very minor cramping, compared to the constant pain I felt with the previous pregnancy. It's so funny to me how your body can react so differently to two little zygotes, each the size of an apple seed, both supposedly doing the exact same thing to your body with only a couple years separating them.
First prenatal appointment with a nurse is next Thursday, December 8th at 8am. At that appointment they'll schedule my first ultrasound, which should take place within the following two weeks. Once I hear the heartbeat and know we have a healthy baby, I'll be a lot more willing to share the news with others. In the meantime, I'm sending many, many prayers up to my God, asking that He keep our little apple seed safe and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment